Graphic/Web Designer & Public Liaison
Brights Zoo/BAI Municipal Software is in need of a talented graphic/web designer who can design graphics as instructed, perform website design and maintenance, and also act as a liaison to the public when needed. This is a permanent, full-time position. Interested applicants must be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Special events or other activities may require availability on Saturday or Sunday, or after 5:00 on weekdays. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to apply. Compensation will be based on experience and job qualifications of the candidate.
Representative duties of this position include graphic design, ordering from vendors, and merchandise tracking; website maintenance for two company websites: public liaison during education group visits or low staffing levels and special events: miscellaneous activities and tasks.
Desirable qualifications for this position include a minimum 3 years as a graphic designer or related experience. Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills are required. Candidate must be flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Pick up radio each morning and put back on charger before going home
- Respond to radio requests for assistance by supervisors and Gift Shop staff
- Graphic design for signage, merchandise (like magnets, postcards, and clothing), and media for advertising/public relations
- Design/edit and print signs, brochures, business cards, tickets and vouchers, maps, promotional items, and other materials
- Edit website content and occasional design for new web pages
- Help with vehicle parking, arm banding, and safety/security for education group visits
- Operate the gem mining area when short-staffed
- Coordinate ordering and tracking of materials from various vendors
- Update digital sign with upcoming education groups, birthday parties, holiday greetings, etc.
- Take photographs of daily activities and special events for use in marketing/advertising
- Video capture of keeper talks and other activities, edit audio/video, and publish for viewing
- Design/editing/maintenance of screens for Graphical User Interface (GUI) software
- Keep adequate printing supplies on hand to handle zoo printing needs
Education, training and/or experience which would clearly demonstrate the knowledge and skills outlined. An example of which would be multiple years of experience as a graphic or web designer.
- Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent software
- Joomla CMS
- Photography and image editing
- Videography and editing/publishing
- Windows Operating System
- Work in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Keep up with ongoing tasks and projects and complete in a timely manner
- Multi-task and prioritize
- Work efficiently in a generally unsupervised setting
- Perform all job assignments with a positive attitude
- Communicate and work effectively with others
- Understand and follow directions effectively
- Deal tactfully and courteously with others
- Competently perform the representative duties outlined above
- Perform each essential job function at a high level
Most work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment. Some duties require exposure to varying outside weather conditions – mainly rain, wind, and high/low temperatures.
This position has been identified as one requiring at least occasional lifting in excess of 40 pounds; infrequently move moderate to heavy objects; standing and sitting.
Job Type: Seasonal, Part-time, Hourly – Pay rate based on qualifications and experience
- · Accurately takes food and beverage orders
- · Prepares and sells simple foods (hot dogs, nachos, French fries, etc.) and drinks to public
- · Performs daily setup and closure of assigned area
- · Operates food service equipment and machines safely and efficiently
- · Keeps all necessary food items and supplies stocked
- · Operates cash register accurately
- · Monitors money in cash drawer to ensure adequate change is available
- · Handles cash accurately and follows cash handling procedures
- · Cleans floors, work surfaces, equipment and all areas in assigned location
- · Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge and skill in handling money including making change
Dependable and arrives for work on time
Ability to multitask
Ability to work independently with little supervision
Skill in public relations
Ability to communicate effectively
Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
If you are unable to open the application form, you may need to download Adobe Reader.
Application must be filled out completely and either faxed, mailed or emailed to Brights Zoo. Interviews will be set up through Brights Zoo staff. Please do not just drop by to personaly hand your application in. Applications and resumes are preferred in .PDF format but will accept .docx format if sending via email.
Please contact us with any questions or fax to